Monday, August 23, 2010

Insanity . . .

Google Images

We returned last night from vacation.  On Friday, our last official day of vacation, in the lobby of our hotel, I saw Shaun T.  Do you know him?  Well if you watch one too many fitness program infomercials or read the posts of hardcore fitness bloggers, then you know who he is. 

I didn't talk to him, but it left an impression.  More like, " Darn it, I had every good intention on vacation to eat right and exercise (4 days of golf does not make for fitness).  I'd better get back to my program when I return home."  And that is what I intend to do. 

My 5K is on October 30.  I will start officially training for speed this week; tomorrow.  Today will be spin bike.  Yoga is in the works to loosen the tight muscles from the spinning and running.  Strength training is also important.  Shaun T's program is about explosive movements and using own body strength to increase strength.  I think getting back into a 30 Day Shred or other Jillian workouts would help me with strength training.

I get my CSA box today and will be planning meals around them this week and beyond.  I have this week off from work in order to get myself back in order.  I think a vacation from exercise and eating was the ticket to motivate me to getting back into the game. 

But I must say, my golf game has improved tremendously from this vacation.  I just wish I would have walked more.


Is there a fitness blogger, trainer, or celebrity that motivate you to fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?