I weighed in this morning. Saturdays, since being on Weight Watchers while in law school, is my official weigh in day. After 1 month on the Paleo Diet with some exercise, I've lost over 8 lbs. I was teetering up and down the scale before officially committing to Paleo after the holidays and before the new year, so a true measure of my weight is not possible. My initial goal when starting this blog was to get below 200 lbs. I wanted to get to pre-third-baby-weight, which was 198 and then to pre-husband weight which is 150. I finally feel like I am on my way to pre-husband weight.
Well, after 3 years since having Lootie, I've finally reached my first goal. I am relieved. I am giddy. I am ready to conquer the world. Truthfully, I am just happy to be able to be out of the 200s. I feel like the Biggest Loser.
But now that I've accomplished my first goal of getting out of the 200s, I have been thinking about the next goal. I am now taking the weight loss in 10 lb increments, or is that reductions(?). Well, in this case, I have 8.1 lbs to lose until my next goal. I want to get down to 190 lbs. How will I accomplish that loss?
- continue eating Paleo: no grains, no white stuff, no sugar (not even honey, maple syrup, or stevia, no caffeine, no alcohol (I've never been a drinker)
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat leaner meats and go organic, grass fed, so I can reduce the amount of hormones and unnatural feeding of cows, pigs, and chickens.
- cook more often at home. I am considering buying a Sous Vide. I will be buying a slow cooker next week, so I can ensure to cook while I am at work. I hate the rushing around like a mad woman when I get home with 3 little ones and Nana; asking me a million questions and wanting a lot more of me than I can give. The protein will be done, and I just then have to worry about the sides.
- Kettlebell/Plyometric Tabatas (KPT): at least 3 times a week. I wrote up 4 routines that include 4 sets of kettlebells and plyometrics. I want to master the kettlebell, so I can increase the weight. Building strong muscles is important in Paleo or in any lifestyle because of the fat burn while at rest.
- Cardio: use my machines at least 4 times a week as a supplement to the KPT workouts or instead of the KPT program.
- Do a cardio video 2 times a week, so I don't feel guilty about the fact that I've abandoned them for KPT.
- Use my pedometer to ensure that I get 10000 steps a day when at "rest". The sedentary lifestyle of an attorney is not good for my bottom.
- Taking time to be still and present with myself. I want to be able to go to bed when I am tired and not up and awake for others. I want to read a book, if my mind would cooperate, and not multitasking a million things.
- Doing spa treatments or massage as rewards for losses and continued commitment, so that I don't turn to food as a reward.
- Keep going to therapy to work through my "issues" that have caused me to gain weight over the years so that I may finally adopt this eating Paleo and exercise as a way of life for the rest of my life.
- Not turn to food as a crutch for my emotions. Think through every forkful and every meal. Food is not comfort; it is for fuel.
I plan to post a few times a week because I have a lot to say about this process. I am sure many of you are thinking that depriving oneself of a complete food category is unsustainable (I'll have a post about that), but I stopped consuming milk over 2 years ago because it hurt me, and I am going to do it with grains and sugar because they hurt me too.
How do you reward yourself when you've reached a goal?