Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scale Steppin' Sunday--Jan 30

Jan 29

+ 2.8 lbs. 

To be expected.  This was a rough week with a celebration thrown in.  So my EXCUSES follow:

EVALUATIONS:

I received evaluations for my work from those that I supervise.  Well, there is constructive criticism and there is down-right-mean-and-I-am-getting-back-at-you for an undefined reason criticism.  I felt that a lot of what was said isn't really about me; didn't truly define my personality.  But it made me very sad and stressed out.  Stress is definitely a fat trapper.  I feel a lot of stress and anxiety to make changes in a faster amount of time than I truly have.  I have to work through that and hope that it doesn't stress me out more and cause weight gain.

BIRTHDAY DINNER:

On Thursday, I went to a dinner party for a friend at a private club.  It was Nouveau Cuisine (french style) with lots of sea food in 6 courses.  Well, seven with the Amuse Bouche.  Everyone else had the wine pairings with each course.  I don't drink alcohol at all--I have enough problems with food that I don't need to add alcohol.

LUNCH WITH CO WORKER:

I went back to that fabulous club and had lunch the next day.  I love that place and I don't go often, so I had a nice lunch and cookie.  It was the day I got my evaluations.

NO WATER:

In my stress to accomplish a million things and attend every meeting and therapies (which I don't even want to put in its own category cause I am tired of discussing him and "it") for my son this week, I didn't drink waters this week.  I am a true believer (even if I am scientifically wrong) that not hydrating causes your body to retain water for fear of dehydration.  I haven't had my water next to me in days.  I've been drinking when I am thirsty, which is not a great thing. 

EXERCISE:

I worked out 4 times this week.  I woke up at 5 a.m. and followed my schedule.  Well, I also went full blast with the Jillian DVDs.  That woman is insane.  I felt the results yesterday and couldn't do anything because of the tightness in my lower body.  However, Sundays start my week and I will be exercising my regular scheduled routine today--this afternoon when baby is napping--YOGA.  I am also operating under my own theory that when you exercise after a long period of inactivity, your body doesn't allow for weightloss because it is repairing the things that are "ill" in the body first.  I didn't build muscles in 4 days, so I am not using that as an excuse. 

ALONE:

Hubby is traveling since Saturday.  I am alone with 3 kids for a few days.  This is common.  While it is a regular routine to be alone with the 3 kids, it is never going to be something I am used to.  The first night he is gone, I can't sleep.  The thoughts of all the things that could go wrong swirl in my head throughout the night.  The house is quiet and I start listening for any sound.  I feel like I am on "alert" mode.  That feeling doesn't allow me to unwind.  I can't undwind when I am trying to be ready to kick someone's ass who tries to break in. 

SEDENTARY WORK:

I do office work. I am behind a desk doing all day mostly.  I am typing at the computer.  The students come to me versus me going to them.  During great weather, I take a walk with my co-worker.  She and I would work out before work at home and still take time to walk together.  It was a great way to connect.  It is too cold and wet out there to go on the lake path that we take.  It is just ugly out there.

PMS:

I don't get a true period anymore.  Just spotting because of the IUD.  I still get the hormonal imbalance and moodiness.  I am sure I am a bit bloated and can feel some cramping as I write this.  I never truly know when my period is occurring.  Well, actually I do.  The zit on my chin is a big clue.  I hate adult acne.  My doctor told me to get rid of the simple sugars.  I already don't eat the white rice, white breads, on a regular basis.  If I do, it is a treat. 

Adding all those excuses together, I had a gain because things went downhill.

PLAN:
  • Stick to fitness schedule this week (at least 5 days)
  • Drink waters
  • Do a destressing activity to relieve anxiety built up from work.
  • At 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. I am going to take a 10 minute break to walk up and down the 5 flights of stairs at my job. 
  • Take lunch and snacks to work to eliminate eating out. 
While I am again behind on achieving my goal, I am not going to get discouraged. I'm not willing to quit.  I know I can do it.  It may take me forever to fix my "head" to match my heart.  I will get it done.  And I realized this weekend, as I was weepy and reflective, I can't please everyone.  I have to make sure that I do what is best for the program I run.  I am not going to change my professionalism.  I think I am a pretty great gal, worker, and mom.  And Paula told me so.

How do you tackle a setback?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I can recall that feeling at night. Not truly resting, ready to pounce at the slightest noise... You're gonna be just fine Rosa. You're reviewing your week and making adjustments for the following week. That's always productive.

    I hope you can get back to your walks during your lunch hour. Let's hope the weather gets better real soon.

    Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?