Friday, January 29, 2010

In my head . . .

4:52

I don't look like this.  Well, in reality, I do.  But in my head, I don't see this.  When I workout, I feel like those aerobics dancers/models in my DVDs.  While I am jumping or squating or planking, I feel strong . . . like the casings of fat on my arms are not there, or the extra, doughy layers of flab on my belly have melted, or the cellulite on my thighs have been sucked away.  During those workouts when I am following along to Jillian Michaels' DVDs or downward dogging with Bob Harper, I feel like the skinny girl has been released.

This week, after many months of alternating 30 Day Shred, Biggest Loser Yoga, Pilates with Mari Winsor, running on the treadmill, I branched out and have started working out with Jillian Michaels DVDs.  On sale for $9 each at Target, I purchased No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism.  These two are intense.  I am so proud that I was able to do these DVDs, and not pass out.

I also increased the 3 lb weights that I do with Jillian's workouts to 5 lb weights.  It may have been a bit ambitious because even Jillian stated that she was using 3 lbs because of all the reps, but I did it.

I am still staying away from the sugary lattes and the apple juices.  I am trying to eat smaller portions in meals.  I incorporated more salads and veggies and reducing the carbs.  I have to take the plunge again and eliminate the white rice that is my comfort food; more on that in a future post. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way: I'm no where NEAR as big in my head as I am in real life, and for the most part, it's not something I actively think about. It can be extremely disconcerting when I *do* catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

    That being said, you look pretty darned good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?