Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Planning my meals . . .

October 29

My hubby asked me if I am gaining weight last night.  I had to confess that I've gained 3 lbs.  And those 3 lbs have gone straight to my stomach.  I look and feel so bloated.  And I know the culprit.  My diet for sure.  But something more specific.  Lattes.  I love soy lattes.  But that is okay, if it weren't for the 7 sugars I put in the small soy lattes.  So I quit cold turkey today.  None for at least 21 days.  I want to create a habit of not drinking them. I wasn't much of a coffee drinker to begin with.  I just seemed to get comfort from a nice hot cup of creamy, sugary, coffee.  Reminds me of my Mom who lives back East, and haven't seen since July of '09.

I've also not been packing my lunches lately.  So I will be going back to my cooking and packing of meals and snacks.  Working on portion control is key . . . and my weakness.  So I have to be very diligent about that. 

Today's Completed Workout:
50 minutes of No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels.  Used 5 lb weights.  I am nuts.  The "surrender" move was a killer.  I must get myself strong enough to do them with the weights above my head.  I bought 2 Jillian DVDs tonight, each for $9. 

Tomorrow:
I hope to run for 3 miles.  Yoga, thereafter.  I love Yoga. 

Thank you so much for your support and kind words about Nika.  I am still getting used to not hearing her walk around the house or taking her outside to her run.  But we still have the warm memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?