Sunday, January 31, 2010

Using what I got . . .

Leftovers- 1-31-10

I am not the best cook or planner.  I don't enjoy the process of cooking.  However, with the goal of packing my breakfast, lunch and snacks for work, I am cooking extra.  I like the concept of Bento, which is packing my lunches to be attractive and within a healthy quantity.  I love having extra food to reheat for the kid's dinners; one less thing to worry about.

For lunch today, I pulled out some leftovers to reheat. 

1 serv of cooked spaghetti 
1 serv of green beans (cooked the night before from frozen, nice and skinny and cooked al dente)
2 oz chicken wing and breast pieces (from a roasted chicken I made)
1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt (to taste)
fresh ground pepper (to taste)

Then all is tossed together to coat everything with the oil and reheated in microwave. Being creative with the things on hand has helped me to not reach for bad things.

I could've also eaten this cold; like a cold noodle dish.  A better substitution would have been to use whole wheat pasta, but with kids, I use what I've got.

1 comment:

  1. that picture is killer

    made me a little hungry though :)

    i'll have to try a spin off of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?