Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Race for February?

Madison, Sunny Day

Because of my back pain last weekend, I didn't do my scheduled 5K.  I thought I would do a 5K on Feb 20, which starts at the State Capital.  But with hubby traveling, I am not certain that I want to sacrifice the kid's activities on Saturday.  I usually take my son to Karate in the morning, followed by my daughter's Broadway Musical Theater program.  Both of those programs are so important for them that I don't want to have them miss it by hiring a babysitter. 

I feel like I am making excuses, but Karate is a type of therapy that I am utilizing for my son.  And the Broadway musical is once a week and for as much as this girl sings around the house, how can I take that away from her?

I feel guilt.  Tons of guilt, but not doing this race on Saturday will not stop me from racing in March, and beyond.  I also have plans on doing an 8K. But fear not.  I am waking up Saturday at 5 a.m. and doing a T5K.  What's that?  Its a Treadmill 5K.  I run 3.1 miles on the treadmill with inclines and such to simulate a race, but with no wind, cold, snow, rain, etc.  Hey, I can even stay in just my sports bra and short shorts.

I may just bite the bullet and drive a ways for another 5K next weekend.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?