Monday, February 15, 2010

Recommitment

October 20

I know I've said it before: I am going to do better with exercise, and I will eat better.  However, this time I am serious.  

I woke up at 4:47 a.m. to go to the bathroom, and realized that my alarm would ring at 4:50 a.m. so it made sense to turn off the alarm, go to the bathroom with my workout clothes already picked out and waiting.  I got dressed.  Went downstairs and popped in the DVD, and proceeded to do No More Trouble Zones with 3 lb weights.  That was 55 minutes of pure *heck*.  But I did it.  I finished it, and I am on my way to exercising everyday.  

My original goal in this journey to good health was to be active everyday.  Somewhere along the journey, I took a detour and had to find my way back.  I know that I am strong and fit.  I can do this.  I also have to keep fit for the Races that I plan to do this year.  I hadn't been training on or off of the treadmill, as I should.  I am hoping that when the weather is warmer and we've thawed that I can go outside to run in the early mornings.  I am looking into getting a GPS watch so I can track my training. 

I also packed my snacks and lunch for today.  I have my energy bars stashed at work for when I can't get to my meals in time, like today when I will have back to back meetings and court.  Crazy day.  

Tonight, I will rejoice in the fact that I can just go to bed after the kids do, and do this all over again in the morning.  Yay, me!

2 comments:

Please Share Your Thoughts and Support?